Are you struggling in your relationship?
- Does the relationship feel stale and lacks spark? Perhaps your intimate relationship has disappeared.
- Are you constantly arguing and fighting over even the smallest things? Does is feel like you are in the middle of a battleground?
- Has the trust in the relationship been broken by infidelity and you don’t know whether your relationship can survive?
- Are looking for ways to become happier in your relationship and find ways to have a deeper connection with your partner?
Being in a relationship can be very hard, because you have to put all your trust in the hands of another person and successful, long-term relationships require hard work from both partners. There are ups and downs on the journey and sometimes you need external help to support with navigating through transitional periods and various obstacles on your journey together to refocus and form a closer emotional bond.
Who is couples counselling for?
I offer couples counselling for all couples regardless of their stage of the relationship. If you wish to develop individually and become a better partner whilst simultaneously working together with your partner on having a more loving and emotionally safe relationship, couples counselling is for you.
How can couples counselling help?
How can couples counselling help you and your partner?
It helps you to:
- Identify your wishes for your relationship and how you can work towards your goals
- Identify your own areas for learning and become more self-aware
- Learn about your negative, repetitive cycles and your emotional responses
- Develop more effective ways of interacting with your partner and forming a closer bond
- Accelerate learning by using various practical exercises which can be practiced at home
The way I work is based three key concepts: adult attachment (understanding how your early relationships impact your adult relationships), individual differentiation (understanding and supporting each individual to be independent in order to be able to be in a relationship), and neuroscience (understanding how our biology impacts on the choices we make in life and how we relate to our partner).
The sessions are interactive and proactive rather than reactive. They are mixed individual and couple sessions to give you enough time to process both individually and as a couple. Whilst you develop as an individual and, for example, learn about how your family history may impact on your relationship, through coaching you will obtain skills for improving your interactions with your partner so that you recognise the patterns and are able to stop them from escalating. The goal is to create emotional safety which is the basis for deeper connection and contentment in your relationship.
Couple counselling based on the both emotional focused couples therapy and couple developmental model has been successful in helping many couples who have previously almost given up hope of finding a way back to a loving relationship.
End your emotional pain and heartache, and make the first step towards having a more loving relationship. Contact to arrange your FREE 15min phone consultation. I look forward to speaking with you!
Blog posts related to couples counselling & relationships:
The holiday season can bring out the best and worst in us and in our family members as potentially a lot of time is spent together and there often are expectations for the celebrations. [...]
7 Steps for transforming your relationship – Part 2: Establishing a safe emotional bond and maintaining love
Sue and Steve* recognise that they have become distant in their relationship since having children and they don't have a safe emotional bond. They are bickering over the smallest things, often over matters that [...]
Kate and Tom have been together for 5 years. They are both professionals and have successful careers. They used to get along so well but more recently end up arguing more and more. [...]